Time

I wrote the first blog post, ate a chicken sandwich, and crashed. I crashed so hard that Alex and I switched shifts so I'm now up drinking coffee at almost 2 AM. I like maternity leave in the sense that time is very different than it used to be. My caffeine curfew of 3 PM no longer exists if I'm going to be up until 3 AM. Alex and I text each other how long bottles of milk will be good for, you blink and it's expired right when the baby starts to fuss for more. I thought I would hate that I blinked and a month went by, but I love watching her grow. I used to be terrified of newborns. My original birth plan was to be hit over the head and wake up to a 3 month old because that seemed more manageable. But this month has largely been filled with snuggles and I look forward to things she will be able to do one day like play with Andy and swing at the park. 
I watch students grow up and go out in the real world a lot. I've watched parents struggle with their child leaving the nest and I've seen them be immensely proud and excited. Being a planner and future driven person, I hope that as Phoenix gets older that I will be excited and supportive. Being stuck on the past and weepy about time gone by has always made me uncomfortable. Time will march on whether you want it to or not so you might as well keep up the pace. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitting Room

jeans

Plant Babies