🤐

True love is getting an extra hour of sleep during the night. I have to say that Alex is a better person than I am in that regard! 
There are times I have tried to pour from an empty cup and it simply does not end well. I honestly do not know how single parents manage.
I tried to take Phoenix and Andy to the park yesterday, but it's still a little early for Phoenix to have experiences like that. I'm enjoying the snuggles for sure, but I'm so excited for her to start exploring and learning that I think I tried to rush it. At the same time, when we went on the art walk everyone told us now was the time to take her everywhere while it was easy to bundle her up and she wouldn't run all around like two year olds do.
It's interesting how irritated I get at unsolicited patenting advice or even questions I wasn't anticipating. It's not like I haven't had those before, people who hadn't done a single bit of theatre were quite generous with their opinions before and during college. There's just something that gets my blood boiling when people try to tell me what to do with my baby when I didn't ask. I have a friend who is pregnant and has a really great line for shutting people down about how the conversation could stress her out and that's bad for the baby- genius! Who is going to keep talking after that? I wish I had thought of it. I don't have a good line now, I just go Hmmm and I'm pretty sure I give a look but I haven't studied my face in the mirror to know for certain. If you're a parent and you feel loaded with advice, just ask if the new parent would like to hear. If yes, then go for it. If no, keep it to yourself. Write your own blog if you want to share your tips and tricks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitting Room

jeans

Plant Babies